Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Who are we gonna get in the draft?

Well the NBA draft is happening tomorrow. I am anxious to see what my team the Miami Heat are going to do. I've followed the Heat since Pat Riley arrived. For many years he built a contender in Miami, recently though they haven't fared so well. I would love to see a draft day miracle.

Speaking of drafts, wouldn't it be cool if church planters had a draft. We could have a lottery for the top ten worship leaders, and youth directors, for the top ten artists, or the top ten planners.

As we prepare to launch a new church community called Resonance next month we are counting on prayer to bring people into our draft. We are counting on God to do things that are beyond us as we faithfully attempt to serve Him.

I guess God is really our general manager and will make the choices for our draft. I kinda get excited thinking about it. Maybe he'll go for a foreign player, or the young draftee who will need some maturing.

No comments: