Thursday, July 24, 2003

Cool is not enough

Once upon a time I was a die hard Macintosh guy. PC's were kinda like the bad guys of the matrix. They were big, pushy, ugly, and not in the least useful. Somewhere along the line of daily routines and working in churches and companies I switched over to PC. I even learned DOS and the ins and outs of windows. Today, I'm much more comfortable on a PC. Although I miss that mystique that Apple always seemed to have. They were always so innovative and styling in how they approached the computing world.

I was reminded about that Apple mystique as we were in the Willow Bend mall one night with my family. I was drawn in to look around at the new Mac models and setups. As usual the Apple store was totally cool. My eight year old Ethan looked up at me as we entered and said "Dad is this a spy store". That was like the ultimate compliment for him. At eight years old, spys are at the top of his cool list. First just a moment I was tempted to go buy a Mac, but just for a moment. It did make me think: Apple has not fallen out of the race.

No comments: