Monday, August 09, 2004

:: A week of weeks

This has been some kind of week. First of all last Saturday I get home and have a flat tire that is ruined so in a time of financial difficulty I'm having to buy a tire. This was just the beginning. I am learning to say blessed be the name of the Lord in all seasons of life. Monday the strut broke on my trailer, then as I am loading the lawn mower the handle breaks in half. Okay, I am taking another step in learning to praise the Lord in all seasons. Tuesday my wife has a wreck in our Mercury. It's her fault and we only have liability, so now our car is looking pretty sad, but it is drivable. I am glad she isn't hurt. Again I am learning to praise God in all situations.

Of course there are other thoughts running through my head also, like scrap this living by faith deal and get a real job or that voice that says see how God treats you why would you still live for Him? Those are a few of the various and unsundry thoughts pelting my brain. I realize that these thoughts are ones that I have to say no to. I'm hoping there is a rhyme or reason to this week and the past month which emotionally have been excruciating.

Well to give the week an exciting finale, Friday my car just quits. I'm driving down the road and it gives up the ghost. I can hear the suspenseful music in my head that sounds a lot like the theme from Jaws. I'm thinking okay I've got a fuel pump that went out or alternator. My local mechanic gives me the news. Mr. Alvis your engine is done in. The heads are bent. I hear the cymbals crash. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry or run away in the night to Alaska. I guess this is a great opportunity to see what God will

2 comments:

Chris said...

I've heard Hide-a-Way Lake is good this time of year!!!! Man, I will be right along side you through this.

Anonymous said...

Talk about bringing back memories! I was without a vehicle for a solid year. I had to walk or beg a ride to go anywhere. It sounds like you are on the brink of a GREAT miracle/blessing. Just like my old grandmother used to say..."It's always darkest before the dawn".

My wife and I just recently emerged from a severe trial that lasted three and a half years! It was the same trial I had faced numerous times in the past (I always made the wrong decision to make something happen with those trials). But this time I stayed the course and rested in HIM It wasn't very long at all after I made up my mind to let God (Yahshuah) handle my problems that good things began to happen. Things I never dreamed of!

My advice...REST in the Lord and He will "bring you out into a wealthy place". Don't give up now or you'll face this same trial down the road. You'll face it again and again UNTIL you pass the test!