Thursday, January 05, 2006

All the plates are never spinning at the same time

I was listening to Mike Bickle teach and he said some things that really made me think. He was talking about the human propensity to look towards the future to a time when everything in our lives is in sinc, we have all the plates spinning. He laughed and said this is not a perspective birthed from reality. The reality is that there is always a plate not spinning. It helps us continue to depend on God.

Either the devil is keeping one of the plates of our lives from spinning, or our own immaturity, or at times God keeps that plate from spinning.

He also said he considers this life like a 70 year internship preparing us for the kingdom of heaven.


For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels. that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 2 Corinthians 3:6,7

3 comments:

Cleopas said...

I like this analogy, in fact Nancy was sharing it with me again after you left because she liked it too. And it's true that God will always show us how we must depend on Him.

Berry said...

That is I think the important point in the whole analogy, that our heart is to be focused on dependence upon God through Christ.

There is a tendency in the human heart to think that God has some mean streak in Him to knock off one of our plates, but really the opposite is true. We know God is love and God knows our need to depend on Him so that He can love us as He desires.

, I am my beloved and He is mine, His banner over me is love.,

Chris Marlow said...

Hey Berry, I "re-found" your blog, hope all is well in Dallas.