Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Update 04/01/08

This has been an interesting season in my life to say the least. I have had a serious illness that causes problems to my spleen and put me in the hospital for 10 days in December. The doctors could not find a cause for my problem and since that time I have been on a blood thinner. The blood thinner makes me tired often and quickly. During my time in the hospital which was rough both emotionally and physically the Lord has strongly had me focus more on health in my life.

In recent years I had allowed eating what I wanted and not exercising become a habit, as well as not being daily in the word. It has been impressed upon me that HEALTH, both physically and spiritually needed to become an emphasis in my life.

I began in the hospital and have since been focused on HEALTH as a goal in my life. I am trying to read at least two chapters in the Bible each day. Along with that I am studying through the Gospel of John. I started a blog to help me record what God is showing me and what I am learning in John. On the food side my diet has changed dramatically. In the three months since I have been out of the hospital I have eaten two pieces of red meat (so no hamburgers). I am eating salads frequently and fruit. I usually start the day with a power smoothie comprised of whey protein isolate and soy protein isolate, lecithin, probiotics, apple vinegar, glucosamine, msm, flax oil, safflower oil, bananas and fruit mixed in orange juice. Ummmm doesn't that sound good. It actually doesn't taste too bad and helps me get all those good items my body needs to start a day. I have had no butter in three months. I am eating whole wheat breads. I am eating non fat yogurt semi frequently. I have taken almost all fried foods out of my diet. Turkey and chicken breast are the usual meats I have.

HEALTH take more discipline but is a good thing. I've lost about 30 pounds in three months and am working out at the gym three to four times a week. I didn't realize 40 year olds could still have actual defined muscle. I try and get on the treadmill or elliptical each time out at the gym and do some weight training.

more later . . .

No comments: