Saturday, July 19, 2003

Net be gone

Wow, It's been almost three weeks since I've been online. Life is a little simpler without the web. I am excited though to be back. We have just made a transition to the North Dallas area to begin our journey of planting a new church called RESONANCE. Our first two weeks here are all about unpacking.

I don't know how were going to get everything that was in our house in Lubbock into this apartment here in the metroplex, but I know that with Christ I can do all things. Honestly Elizabeth and I are hearing from God that we need to simplify. We are attempting to get rid of a lot of stuff we have acquired.

Reality has sunken in, we have jumped of the high dive and are hoping there is water in the pool. So far, so good. We have reconnected with a friend from Lubbock who has moved up here also. Michael is going to help us in this new adventure. Also we have reconnected with our friends Chris and Christy Baggett. They also are signing up for the trip. They will begin to be in transition to North Dallas. This is true Christianity for them, picking up and moving to a new place and trusting God to make life happen and work.

We are elated that God is bringing partners into this journey. There is strength in others who come together for community and pursuit of God.

This is like a roller coaster for me. I greatly dislike heights but I love the ride. There is a mixture of the of emotions that are part of transitions that I greatly dislike, but I know who is running the ride and I am set for the thrill.

No comments: