Monday, October 06, 2008

First Answer to Prayer

Even though I gave my life to Christ in the eighth grade, I didn't immediately take off in growth. I never really had any really strong examples to follow as far as people walking with God.

I do remember the first prayer other than salvation that the Lord answered. I think one of the biggest enemies in my life before I knew Christ and even afterward was fear. In the ninth grade there were a couple of guys who were older than I was that liked to pick on me and because of fear I would back down too often from these bullies. I remember crying out to God for help. Please Help Lord was my theological magnificat of prayer. Shortly after this prayer I was walking down the hallway at school and one of these fellows came up to me and hit me with a school book or something similar to that. To my own surprise I just reacted and punched him in the nose. From that day on this fellow and the others began to leave me alone. I knew in my heart it had been a moment of Gods boldness in me to conquer my fear and take up for myself. Theologically I don't know if punching someone fit, but for me God was helping me conquer fear.

No comments: