Monday, June 23, 2003

The Beauty of God: Random Thoughts

There is a sentence in the Bible that says "behold the beauty of the Lord". I'm thinking that people today are not too plugged in to that. I believe that needs to be imported into the code of being a Christ follower. Maybe its time for an upgrade.

I've been reading Mike Bickles book "The pleasures of loving God". He talks about Christ followers pursuing the superior pleasures of knowing Jesus and contrasts those with the inferior pleasures of the world. Beholding the beauty of God is one of those superior pleasures.

I am praying that God (the ultimate coder) will begin to import the correct code into my own DNA that helps me pursue looking at the beauty of God. It excites me to think of looking into the face of the creator and think of not being met with a harsh condemning look, but to be able to see the beauty of God.

When I think of natural beauty, I think of my wife. I think of a lush green national forest in Ireland that sits on the ocean. I can remember the crashing of the waves as we visited there two summer ago. I think of a sunset I saw in Tampa Florida last week where clouds and sky were streaked with a variety of orange hues. All these are a glimpse of beauty found in the creator God.

No comments: