Tuesday, July 06, 2004

:: Prayer a necessity

As I have wrestled with our little community's process of growth, I have been reading on the subject of prayer recently. I am reading a book right now by Terry Teykl called Making Room to Pray.

Three quotes are significant to me.

"Our work is just that, but prayer releases God's work"

"When we pray He (God) breathes upon us. Prayer is to inhale the breath of God. Evangelism is exhaling what we inhale in prayer."

The last is a story about Paul Cho (pastor of the worlds largest church). He said God spoke to him in prayer and asked "How many quail would Israel have caught if they had gone quail hunting in the wilderness?" Not too many. I then realized that God sent the wind which brought the quail. There is a difference in chasing a strategy and in finding the Holy Spirits strategy.

3 comments:

dr. larry said...

Excellent. As Warren says to ride the spiritual wave. See where the Holy Spirit is working and then move in that direction!

Berry said...

Sounds easy, but finding the wave may be tricky at times.

Anonymous said...

Hi there berry, I was just cruising searching for the latest information on Testimony and came across this great blog. Although :: Prayer a necessity wasn’t quite what I was looking for, it has excellent articles. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for Testimony related topics. I’m glad I stopped by this is a great Blog, keep up the good work. You are most welcomed to visit my site at Testimony