Saturday, December 25, 2004

Umm Christmas dinner

We were blessed this year as my mom and dad paid for the four of us to fly out to Lubbock, texas and be with the rest of the family for two days.

Friday I spent time with Shane, then Ethan and I grabbed some Home Plate diner quisine (chicken fried steak and cheese sticks). Home Plate Diner is one of those places that is native to Lubbock and missed by Ethan and I. I spent time installing and working on mom and dads computers Friday afternoon. I enjoy being able to give back in some way to them as they so often have given into our lives.

Saturday afternoon was spent playing card games and getting ready for Saturday night. Adam, my brother in law, as usual brought steaks that we cooked on the grill.

Our Christmas meal Saturday night was giant coconut shrimp, ribeye steak, baked potatoes, etc. It was goooood. It has been a blessing to be in Lubbock and with friends and family. There is something about the yearly family gatherings that adds richness to life.

1 comment:

dr. larry said...

Just popped in to say "Happy New Year bro!"