Wednesday, April 07, 2004

:: pomo translations

I like tall skinny kiwi's postmodern translation of "My hope is built on nothing less"

"My hope [acknowledging mystery/rejecting secular rationalism]
is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness. . .[historically narrational over propositional]
I dare not trust the sweetest frame [suspicion of construct/text/logic systems]
but wholly [holistically interconnected, rejection of gnostic dualism, systemic thinking] lean [experientially] on Jesus name. [authority source transcending visible human institutions]
On Christ the solid rock I stand [post-foundationalist]
All other ground is sinking sand [deconstructionalist]
All other ground is sinking sand." [value judgment based on communal experience of screwing up our lives when we place our trust in secondary sources and not primary]

No comments: