Monday, May 26, 2003

A scenic stop, a loving voice

This past week I stopped in to visit the ANHOP (All Nations House of Prayer) in Grand Prairie Texas. It is a model after the IHOP of Kansas City founded by Mike Bickle. I felt a dramatic peace as soon as I walked through the door. I was there for the Saturday morning prayer time. There is nothing quite like walking into a place and sensing the peace that can only come from God. The prayer chapel is a calming place. It has a large picture window on the west end that looks out into a garden setting.

While there in prayer I was encouraged to hear from God things such as "Would a loving father ever fail to give good gifts to His children?" "Or would a loving father send kids into a place and not take care of them there?" This was an affirmation for me on our step of faith to move to Dallas and plant a church. My family and I are attempting something that can not be a success, unless God Himself directs us and supplies what we need there. We continue on our transition wrestling with fear, yet going ahead in faith.

No comments: