Friday, September 05, 2003

:: 1st Sept Fuel

Have you ever shifted a gear in your car by accident. If you shifted into neutral you might get a loud revving of the engine so you notice what's going on. If you downshift by accident, you may drastically slow down scaring all passengers. The thought that came to me to encourage our small team with is to beware of shifting gears by accident. Let me explain: When we were on the frontend of our transition to plant a church we were crying out for Gods help each step of the way. We understood our neediness, we were in high gear seeking Gods will and his guidance for the next step. I noticed this last week as life has taken on a bit of a routine (just a bit) I became a little comfortable not pressing in for Him as much. I encouraged our team to look and see what gear they were in and that we had to continue to press in and ask God for His guidance and strength for our journey.

The other thing I noticed this past week was the spiritual wrestling. It's funny when your kind of status quo in your life how things seem to move along fairly smoothly, but when you set your mind to follow Christ in faith there seem to be many roadblocks, obstacles, and wrestling matches along the way. I often forget this is a spiritual world we live in. The spiritual aspect of our lives is more real than the physical aspect we can taste, touch, see, hear, and smell. When Jesus asked us to pray that the kingdom would come, He was asking us to let the spiritual aspect of our existence take first place. I continue to ask the father "Let your kingdom come in my life, in my families life, and in our community today as it is in heaven.

No comments: