Tuesday, September 16, 2003

:: This particular Christian ticks me off

Ever been really ticked at a Christian. I have. There is one particular Christian guy that makes me so mad. He doesn't live the life of Christ well at all. I wish could get him to witness more, study his bible more, and overall be like Jesus more. This guy has a ton of immaturies including being a father, a husband, a leader, friend, servant, etc.

This past weekend I was in a focused living retreat which is just what it says. It is a place you can look at your life and find focus. One of the main topics God dealt with me on was being such a harsh judge of the guy above. There were times that I have wanted to have a talk with the guy and say "give it up buddy, your no good at this Christian walk thing".

You know I don't think I am as hard on anyone else as I am with this person. And God really spoke to me about this. In the way I hear God, I heard him say "Why are you sitting in my place of judgement? Why would you not listen to my (God) evaluation? Clearly I understood that this was sin. It was wrong. I was arrogant to take the position. It was prideful to put myself in the place of judge and jury. You may have figured it out by now, but the person I am so hard on is myself. It is easier for me to forgive others of their immaturites than it is for me to forgive me. I asked God to forgive me. If he has forgiven me of sin and immaturity, then who am I to not allow that to happen.

I'm glad there is a lot of grace for the journey. I continue to learn that God will continue extending grace and mercy to us as we learn and grow and walk the path of this journey called Christianity.

No comments: