Friday, September 19, 2003

:: Could I?

Wednesday night the guys and I went over to the All Nations House of Prayer. It was a devotional prayer time where a guy was worshipping on the guitar. The times we have been to ANHOP, I have really sensed the presence of the Lord in that place. Well, Wednesday I took off on my prayer list and really didn't sense that I was connecting with God at all. And then it seemed the Lord was speaking to my heart and saying "put down your list and just rest in me". It was an hour just of resting in God's peace.

This time reminded me of a song off the All I Need CD. It says:
could I just sit here a while
Know that there's nothing that I need to say
Safe in the knowledge that You know my ways
Love me completely, no need to hide a thing

Could I just stay here a while
Letting you melt away all of my fears
I feel Your comfort when You are so near
I'll hide myself in
this shelter You've made for me


Being who I am in God, nothing less, nothing more, nothing else.

No comments: