Thursday, October 23, 2003

:: Fuel 3 October

We had nine adults and 3 kids Monday night and two of our new regulars were out. Somehow God continues to send us a few new people each Monday. We are committed to giving what we have to who God gives us. This is not just at our Fuel meetings but in context of our daily lives.

I list the numbers not for numbers sake but for a history of who we are and how Jesus is constructing His community of Christ followers here. In all honesty as a beginning church planter I have been tempted to count my daughters life size stuffed animal Clifford a couple of times.

Monday, I had such a strong sense of the Lords presence and power in our midst. Our worship seemed particularly energized.

At the front end we had everyone read five scriptures passages and ask the questions "What is God saying in these passages?" and "Is He saying anything to me?". I love how the treasures of peoples heart and of His heart come out as we read, meditate, and share about what God is saying to us through Scripture.

No comments: