Wednesday, October 08, 2003

:: Help me, I'm deconstructing

I was at lunch today with a new friend Chandra. We were dialoguing about the whole idea of deconstruction, is it good, is it bad, do we need it? I really enjoyed the interchange of ideas. As I was reflecting on the conversation I was thinking about how as disciples of Christ we are to deconstruct daily (Paul, said "I die daily"). We are to deconstruct our old self-centered impulses and reactions and construct our new self-less identity which is centered on our relationship with Christ.

Deconstruction is very relative to our existence. My prayer today is God show me the identity walls that need deconstructing and work in me to tear them down while at the same time work in me to embrace the constructs of life in the kingdom of God building towards eternity.

No comments: