Thursday, October 23, 2003

:: Getting Wisdom

I am a learner. I am trying to get wisdom, understanding, ideas, impartation, free groceries, and just whatever I can from many sources. I am reading Community of Kindess right now. Community of Kindness is just a pragmatic, down to earth, straightforward, authentic work about church planting. It is quickly becoming my favorite church planting book read.

I also have had the privilege of meeting with Dane Yarborough (pastor of Harbor Point Community Church). Dane has been through this process and has been the lead pastor of a group of eight that today has probably a community of 1000 people. He was blessed to spend time with John Wimber. Dane lets me come by once a month and bombard him with church planting questions. I am thankful for this source of help for our community.

I am also thankful for the denomination God has aligned us with. The Foursquare church in Texas is made up of many quality people. Men and women who are authentically pursuing God. These people also have a heart for extending the kingdom of God through church planting.

I have also connected with the emerging church community here in the Dallas area and have some friendships forming there. I am amazed at the support God has surrounded us with and thankful for wisdom He is pouring into us.

No comments: