Wednesday, March 31, 2004

:: True blooded bloggers will appreciate this

Ex Nihilo says Starbucks and Bloggin are ruining his life. Here is a bit from his March 8th post, LOL. Have a look.

My new Typepad site, though more expensive, looked nice and I could post a picture of my ugly mug in the upper left-hand corner. I had tons of new features and posting was easier, but still, I have not achieved Volokh or Crescat fame, and it hurts!! Oh the pain!! Like a scorned lover I long for trackbacks, comments, and online debates, but I cannot beg. I now obsess over blogging etiquette and actually perk up when someone mentions a personal website in conversation over dinner. I use words like "Technorati" and "blog roll" (which is actually two words). The problem has only worsened, and now, like Walker Percy's Schuyler (before his marriage to Jane Smith--a note for all you Percy fans) I am outwardly confident but inwardly homeless, wandering sadly the confines of the blogosphere. My record of an active lifestyle has been crushed by the lure of e-fame.

And then, to add insult to injury, my school finally put in a Starbucks. This was the death blow! I now spend more on delectable vanilla cremes than I do on textbooks, and my car insurance premium is dwarfed by my caramel machiato tab. I have become addicted to the rich aroma of my breakfast blend and am no longer Stoicly satisified with the stale taste of Waffle House coffee that was my staple for three years. Though Starbucks satisfies me, it leaves me hungry for its heavenly satisfaction and like a junkie strapped for cash I now linger about the Starbucks stand fantasizing about my next post and the energy I might glean from another cup of rich espresso.

No comments: