Monday, May 24, 2004

:: Who am I ?

I know I'm a blogger, no really I am, I just don't blog very often lately. Is our identity in what we do or who we are?

This past week I had a day that wasn't going well and I kept thinking " How come I can't be perfect? What is wrong with me? I must be a wicked man because I can't be perfect." I began to really get down on myself and I heard in my heart that calming voice of God say "Let me tell you who you are, you are a lover of God and one that is loved by God."

You know that really is my heart. I love God and enjoy loving God and I am realizing more than ever the truth that I am someone that is loved by God. This latter truth has just began to sink in some over the last three years. I am about ankle deep in the truth that God so loved me, that He sent His son to die on the cross that I might be reconciled to Him. He really loves me and enjoys spending time with me. I look forward to the deepening of that truth.

Yea in my heart I'm a blogger but more importantly for me "I am a lover of God and am someone who is loved by God." Man, that truth sure brings me peace.

1 comment:

Jon Reid said...

Wow, if we ever get a handle on how thoroughly and completely God loves us...