Friday, December 19, 2003

:: The pain of grace

When Jesus extends grace to us, it is an amazing grace. Grace gives His unmerited favor. Not only do we not merit that grace because of our sin, but we deserve justice. I get overwhelmed when I think of the boundless grace that God pours out to me. He pours when I am doing "well" and He pours when I am doing "poor". I am so thankful for the reality of grace.

Yet when that reality of grace needs to come from our end, it is not an easy process many times. It requires a pain extended when you need to give grace and it is unmerited. I appreciated Jordon Coopers honesty in his post called "the pain of the longview" as he wrestles with giving grace when it is not necessarily deserved.

I have read Jordons site for years and continue to read there because of the value of the content that embraces a wide scope of life.

No comments: