Thursday, December 25, 2003

:: The end of a year

The wife, kids, and I went to look at Christmas lights last night. I enjoy riding around and just spending some time with the family. Callie and Ethan both enjoy all the unique ways that people decorate their places on Christmas.
This was the first year in a while that it was just us on Christmas day. Christmas was very simple for us, opening a few gifts, sharing what we were thankful about in 2004, and remembering why God called us to come to North Dallas. We then hung out at the house drinking our hot chocolate, orange crush, and eating cheese cake and lemon chess pie. I am so going to need to hit the work out trail again soon.

As we approach 2004 a plan is materializing for our community structure. We are really deepening our relationships with the core team and now we want to reach more into the community. In January we will put some a bit more detailed structure into place. Mind you when I say structure I use that term loosely. We also want to be organic in letting God do what He wants.

I am looking forward to 4 days in Kansas City at the "one thing" conference. It will be an opportunity to set aside 4 days of hearing from God. I also will look forward to the trip to KC with Shane, Chris, Justin, and myself. There will be much time to toss around ideas and share about our journeys. I anticipate coming back from the conference with a fresh heart that will help propel me into 2004.

I've been contemplating and evaluating my own spiritual walk lately and have come to the conclusion that I am too heavy in the learning area and not heavy enough in a devotional bible intake. I want to build in my schedule a healthy dose of both learning and devotional life. When I begin reading and learning too much and not have enough devotional time, I begin to get dry spiritually.

No comments: