Friday, January 02, 2004

:: Kansas City

I just got back from my yearly trek to Kansas City for the "One Thing" young adult conference. Shane, Chris, Justin and I made the journey this year. As always the Lord met us in some dramatic ways while there. There is no way you can be in 24 hours of worship, have hours to sit in the IHOP prayer room, and listen to God speak to you to a variety of ways and not be different in some way.

The "one thing" conference is set up with three major sessions each day. They lead off with about an hour to two hours of worship, ministry time, and a speaker. It seems there is musician after musician that come from the IHOP group themselves that are very gifted but at the same time have a heart for worship that lead the worship times. Of course Charlie Hall, Delirious and Jason Upton also took us into the worship of the King. There are so many times in worship at the conference that I would stop worshiping because God was either speaking something to me in my heart or He was having me just be still before His awesome presence.

Then there are the prayer rooms that go on while the conference is going. Since IHOP has 24/7 prayer and worship, they move the prayer times to the convention center while the conference is going on. The prayer room has a worship team leading prayer and worship musically. You see hundreds of people praying, reading their bibles, or just resting in the presence of God in the prayer rooms. I found myself just hanging out and praying this year there often. I think our whole group was like that.

More later . . .

No comments: