Thursday, January 22, 2004

:: I like my kids

You know before your a parent you think: What if I don't like my kids? Wouldn't that be odd. I was thinking today how I really like my kids. Of course I love them, but beyond that I like them. There personalities are unique and I like that.

Ethan is an amazingly creative thinker. The questions and observations he has make me think. Whether its his seeing glimpses of heaven in the clouds or his Dad did you know? Those did you knows have wonder in them.

Callie is incredibly sharp academically but also thinks about real life issues at 9 years old. She also articulates what she thinks well verbally and on paper. I think she writes as well now as I did beginning high school.

Yea, I know some of you are thinking "Don't they irritate you sometimes?" yea sometimes they try my patience. That is probably more my struggle than theirs though. And yea they do immature things that need some correction and training, but I still do also.

But most of the time it is a wonderous thing to me that I really like my kids. I have this suspicion that God is like that. Sure, we do immature things sometimes, but I think mostly He likes us and looks forward to spending time with us.

Thanks father God for reminding me that you mostly look forward to spending time with me and that you like me.

No comments: