Monday, January 26, 2004

:: Ambassadors

This weekend Chris, Mark, Justin, and I made a roadtrip to Lubbock to pick up some furniture. We hung out at Shane Kuhns Friday night and Saturday. For lunch we went over to Rosas and had a colossal amount of chicken and beef fajitas. As always good food seemed to ignite some really good fellowship. I have a suspicion good food is linked to Holy Spirit inspiration, but its just a theory.

Our conversation turned to being ambassadors of Christ. Shane was sharing how we are not at home here on the earth but are ambassadors. This seemed to spark much conversation. We talked of how ambassadors are not at home where they are at (they are strangers and aliens there). They are emissaries for another country. As followers of Christ we are not to be at home here on this earth. Our allegiance is to our home country (the kingdom of God). We are to represent our home country where we are at. The laws we are under are not the laws of where we are stationed but the laws of our home country.

We talked about how this relates to the Lords prayer. In our a united states vernacular if we were talking about being an ambassador to Ireland we might read.
My President, who resides in Washington, we honor your name. Your kingdom (the u.s.) come, your will be done in Ireland as it is in the States. Give me today what I need for my task. We are committed to keeping our hearts upright to serve our country. Help me to keep my countries interests at the forefront of my energies, help me not get distracted by the matters of Ireland. Deliver me from my enemies. For the states is the honorable place, with all power and glory forever and ever.

We realized afresh that we are stationed on the earth to represent the kingdom of God. Jesus said "seek first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you". Our allegiance is to our home not to this earth.

No comments: