Saturday, February 14, 2004

:: Opportunities

This week I had the opportunity to go over to Christ for the Nations and speak to the third year missions students about the process of hearing God and stepping out toward that. This all came about because T.L. Garrett who is over missions at Trinity Church was invited to teach for a week. Since we are a part of the missions at Trinity, T.L. invited me to come over and share a bit with the students. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the classroom there.

I shared some and let those guys ask me questions. At one particular point one of the girls in the class asked "I hear you say, you heard God, How do you know?" I replied that it is much easier after the fact to say I heard God. When God is speaking it is a little more tricky. I read the bible, I pray, I consult with my wife, I listen to Godly counselors and then on top of all that I hope God helps me figure it out. I have such a passion to pass on life lessons I have learned in this journey with the Lord. I am thankful for opportunities such as these to do just that.

No comments: